Sunday, March 29, 2009

Horse Hill Nature Preserve

I took Oma all the way to the Blodgett Hill Summit today and it was 3.3 miles one way using some unmarked trails to get to horse hill that are a little more direct. The hike out was great but the summit itself was a let down, there were a lot of broken bottles up there and a huge pile of horse shit.

The hiking was great, very few people and lots of wildlife. Your dog also gets accustomed to the sound of guns going off because there is a shooting range nearby. We covered most of the loop trail but not all of it. By the time we got home it was almost dinnertime and we had done 7.5 miles total. I have never seen Oma this tired out before, and we have done more millage, so I am guessing it's the terrain and the uphill factor. After dinner She went upstairs to her bed to get some real sleep without me bugging her, that's when I know she is really tired.

Typical trail;


Brook;


Log Bridge;


Power lines;


Profile;


End Result;

No comments:

Post a Comment