Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Yorkie attack!

Following Monday night's walk Oma and I headed over to the condo area across the field to play with her friends Brady and Rocky. Brady is a much bigger and older chocolate lab that has always been good friends with Oma, We stop by and say high most mornings. Rocky is also a big dog but he's a puppy and is very shy with new dogs. It took Rocky a long time to warm up to Oma but they get along great now.

The reason Rocky is shy with new dogs is that he got bite when he was very young. I think it was the two mean little yorkie lapdogs next door that bite Rocky, they are little dogs that stay tied up all the time and bark at anything that goes by. You can guess where this is going,...

I let go of the leash so Oma could romp around with Brady and Rocky. The two little dogs were on leash by the side of the driveway and I didn't give them too much thought. Then Oma rushed right into the two of them to say hi, and they didn't like it. I didn't hear any yelping, but I could tell they got Oma at least once because her ears and tail proceeded to droop to the ground.

Oma's reaction? Yorkie lap dog tag team vs. 52 pound pit bull.  Oma rolled over on her belly and waited for me to come save her. The dog that supposedly is bred to fight other dogs is afraid of two lap dogs.

Now it was pretty dark already, so although I could tell the Yorkies taught Oma a lesson about being rude, I didn't see any blood, so I just ignored it and we walked home. Oma was fine within minutes, and when we came across another older dog that usually growls at Oma on our way home (on leash), they had their first very polite and friendly hello. I honestly think Oma learned a lesson that she probably needed to learn.

At home after dinner I noticed a little blood on my hand, and assuming it was mine I started to wonder where I had cut my hand. It was from Oma's ear, the little bastards got her pretty good



My fault really for allowing her to charge into strange dogs, but probably for the best.  Hopefully Oma learned a lesson about how to approach other dogs and won't be so pushy in the future.

Bonus shot,.. Jennball!!!



1 comment: