Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Potassium Bromide - KBR

The Doctor feels Oma's Episodes are most likely epilepsy and has proscribed KBR (Potassium Bromide). Potassium Bromide has a long history as an anti-seizure medication and it's side effects are pretty mild. KBR is also nice and cheap, I grabbed a bottle and a valium kit in case Oma has another episode.

http://www.canine-epilepsy-guardian-angels.com/potassium_bromide.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potassium_bromide

For now I am holding off on starting on the KBR in hopes that Oma won't have any more episodes. Oma's last seizure was on June 25th, 12 days ago at the time of this posting. The first and second episodes were 3 days apart. The second and third episodes were 9 days apart.

Oma got to spend the holiday weekend with her cousin's Neco and Ollie, and she had an awesome time. We figured they would slow down around 9 PM or so, but they just kept going and going and going until about 1 AM. And then they got up ready to go at 7 AM. I think she's a little bummed out that her pals are gone now.

5 comments:

  1. Ollie looks comfortable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ollie = Porn Star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Necco's just looking upon Ollie's display as if he was thinking "typical vulgar behavior".

    Necco is a very "serious" dog.. heh.

    wow Matt, could you have found a more unflattering pic of me? yikes.

    -Jason

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Jaason looks very nice, as does everyone else, but I'm biased.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Serious dog is disappointed in you.

    ReplyDelete