It's been three weeks with the growth on Oma's toe, and it's not really getting any better because she rips it open all the time. I finally broke down and bought the expensive dog booties from Petfart for 48$ and they actually work! She walks just fine with one booty on and it stays on for her entire walk. I actually let the booty on her from 8 AM to 7 PM on the first day and was very shocked to not have any problems with it. She licks it once in a while but I have not seen her really bite at it. 48$ is a lot, but looking at the upside they will probably come in handy again in the winter.
For now Oma is wearing the booty for daily walks, and I am cutting out all rough-housing and play with other dogs for a week or maybe even two. It really sucks, but otherwise she just rips it open all the time and it keeps getting bigger and bloodier. It is very unpleasant to be avoiding other dogs when we walk.
We still have plenty of fun though, it's not all gloom and doom. I closed off the lower deck area recently with a gate to create another outdoor play area.
This could be a new fashion statement
ReplyDeleteYou wish your booty looked this good.
ReplyDelete