Friday, January 30, 2009

Week two

We are hitting week two and things are going well.



-Oma is house trained, with the occasional accident caused by my not reading her right. I can leave her alone in the house uncaged for up to 3 hours with no problems provided I tire her out a little first. Her only bad habit so far is to drag pieces of wood from the wood-stove hearth area around the entire house, something I am going to break with a hearth area kiddie gate or bitter apple scent spray. I am going to have to do doggie day care once I get a new job but that's OK.

-First vet visit went well. I thought she had Kennel cough so they gave me some anti-biotics (Doxycycline) to help clear her up and she seems fine now. She had runny poops caused by some parasite, the vet gave me Tylan powder to put in her food for two weeks and it solved the problem almost over night. She now poops hardened kevlar bricks the size of a baby's leg. This makes clean up much much easier, so we're both happier. We are due for a follow up visit to the vet this coming week to get a Lyme disease vaccine.

-Obedience classes every Sunday are going very well. There are five dogs total in the class and she loves it. There is also a weekly playgroup that meets every Sunday morning right before class which I am going to check out this Sunday (http://www.nashuadog.org/playgroup.html), it looks great and the timing is perfect to tire her out before class so she pays better attention.

-Redesigned crate area with table top.

No comments:

Post a Comment